Another one is gobbled; #Oracle planning to acquire #Lawson http://bloom.bg/htd3Qp
Talent sourcing difficulties in #la-la land & use of #coldfusion & #microsoft technologies hampered #MySpace http://scoble.it/fq9ccv
RIMM’s acquisition of #tinyhippo an attempt to accelerate app availability on its upcoming #playbook tablet http://reut.rs/fryXMm
RT @bramcohen: “90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs”
In addition to #imo, #lol and #muffintop, la-la land is now an official word according to Oxford English Dictionary http://bit.ly/i7530R
Google open sources #Snappy; MapReduce compression for the masses. http://code.google.com/p/snappy/
Why did I not think of this! #Software to convert #backup formats - take that vendor lock-in! http://bit.ly/dO1m5g wonder how scalable it is
‘Open letters’ becoming more frequent http://bbc.in/hXXYmL ‘…the pen is mightier than the sword’ - Robert Bulwer-Lytton
One of the nicer pics of the #SuperMoon http://flic.kr/p/9rJ1yf Sadly, weather in Chicago was overcast :(
IBM Agrees to Pay $10 Million to Settle SEC... →
Interesting for two reasons: IBM agreed in the settlement not to pay the monetary penalties from any insurance policy. Perhaps it is a tacit acknowledgement of new policies offered by Chartis and others that indemnify organizations against settlement and legal costs in such matters. Though IBM had anti-corruption policies in place, according to SEC, poor controls allowed the employees to use...
Top 10 Signs the #Valley is on #Tilt Again http://bit.ly/fp32Bc; 7.Harvard MBAs are trekking to “hot” events, like #SXSW <- fav
Ever Increasing Expectations for Corporate...
This article in The Lawyer is a great read. Shell has learnt from its past experiences on the need to conduct due diligence with third parties and this has resulting in what appears to be a leading anti-bribery and anti-corruption program. By virtue of its corporate mandate (i.e., natural resources), Shell has to do business in states where ethical business standards may deemed less than...
$3M for the algorithm that can best predict when people are likely to be hospitalized http://on.wsj.com/eWOCDk #analytics #data
Alleged #anonymous hacker who pwned #HBGray is a 16yr girl http://bit.ly/fDdjYI So much for professional #cyberwarrior defense team
Feds terminate Deloitte's Afghanistan contract →
This must be somewhat embarrassing for what is generally deemed to be the premier consulting firm when it comes to matters around FCPA and in general AML program design. Probably more of a case of the right hand not know what the left is doing in the sprawling complex of sister companies. Perhaps best to implement tighter quality control around such initiatives given high visibility and thus,...
Drizzle: MySQL-lite (and non-Oracle) #db for large volume #web properties or #cloud goes GA, http://bit.ly/fLpZ9h
Great stats on impact of Card Act by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) http://1.usa.gov/idyFVe #CardAct #CFPB
RT @cbcamber: How micro-insurance is helping Haiti’s poor manage disasters: http://bit.ly/f1JOKt
Aflac casts for replacement voice http://rww.to/eWhcnN #aflac
Happy Pi Day! #pi